Design and Construction Defects Investigations
To investigate design and construction defects related to mold the GeoFocus Mould Solutions team is uniquely qualified to:
- Provide critical assessment of loan documents to identify potential courses of action
- Provide review of contract documents and contract drawings.
- Provide detailed forensic accounting and job cost analyses
- Determine completeness of all design and development documentation
- Determine the status of all project entitlements inclusive of government approvals,permits, and inspections
- Prepare “cost to complete” budgets
- Analyze and determine the efficacy of “in place” construction
- Survey, catalogue and document defective construction
- Retain experts in all fields to provide in-depth analyses of building and MEP systems
- Manage the completion of partially constructed projects using either the original contractor, retaining a replacement contractor, or replacing existing site staff with our qualified and experienced personnel.
- Provide asset disposition guidance and strategies
Why do design and construction defects occur?
The most common failures and or neglectful practices that lead design and construction defects include, but are not limited, to the following:
- The day to day construction operations are not managed properly or at all;
- Detailed construction schedules are not formulated and or followed properly;
- Overall strategic construction guidance and direction is not provided;;
- Schedules and construction budgets are not developed and or followed;
- Construction project strategy, logistics and contracting methods are not developed and or followed;
- Construction cost control reporting systems are not properly formulated or followed;
- Actual construction costs are not updated regularly or followed;
- Engineering working/shop/as built drawings and documentation are not coordinated or managed properly;
- Their is inadequate liaison between construction site personnel and local and statutory authorities;
- Construction contracts are not properly negotiated, co-ordinated and/or managed/administered;
- The activities of consultants, contractors and suppliers are not managed properly;
- Regular construction progress meetings are not held or developed;
- Construction site personnel fail or neglect to keep Owner/Developer and or Lender properly informed of the status of the Project;
- Site staff approve change orders for extra work without authority;
- Excessive and improper charges are billed to the project and paid;
- Complete and proper books of account and records are not kept.
GeoFocus provides leadership, experience and technical expertise. Our 40-year trading record acting for investors and occupiers and our experience in the provision of technical due diligence and project management, enables us to understand the issues that are associated with project failure and suspension. With the priorities established and the issues defined, we progress to creating, and then implementing a design and construction defect recovery plan. Contact us today for more information at (888) 295-6653.