Can Mold Make Me Sick?

We are all exposed to mold on a daily basis without evident harm.  Recent studies estimate that 50-65% of homes contain some sort of mold problem, exposing an estimated 40 million Americans.

Health problems can arise when mold spores enter the air and then enter our bodies in large numbers.  For some people a relatively small amount of mold spores can cause health problems and yet for others it may take a greater amount.

There are three ways mold spores can enter the human body:

  • Inhalation: Breathing in airborne mold spores.
  • Skin: Touching moldy surfaces such as furniture or coming in contact with plants that may have molds.
  • Ingestion: Eating toxic fungal species on spoiled food, including nuts, grain, rice, rice and agricultural products.

Posted in: Blog

Tags:

Short URL: http://www.mould-solutions.com/?p=294

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>